Recycling batteries since 1998
RILTA Environmental is the largest lead acid battery recycler in Ireland. We provide an extensive nationwide collection service.
Lead acid batteries predominantly arise in vehicle, traction and UPS (uninterruptible power supply) applications. We return value to waste producers through the battery recycling process.
We provide a full audit trail with certificates of disposal for all battery recycling:
- Car battery recycling
- UPS battery recycling
- Traction battery recycling (forklift batteries)
RILTA provides bunded battery boxes complete with lids to our customers. Batteries are collected and transported in accordance with the ADR regulations and waste management legislation. All batteries are processed at RILTA’s EPA licensed facility. Batteries are then exported under TFS (Transfrontier Shipment) documentation for recycling at authorised European smelters.
99.9% of each battery collected is recycled
The lead is smelted and re-cast into ingots or other lead products, battery acid is used in the production of gypsum, the plastic is reprocessed into new plastic. This closed loop process ensures that all batteries are recycled in an environmentally friendly and compliant manner.
Call RILTA today for your best lead acid price – Tel 01 4018000
- Authorised battery collector
- Nationwide transportation by drivers insured for the carriage and handling of batteries and who are HazChem and Safe Pass trained
- Batteries decommissioned and removed nationwide
- Environmentally friendly and compliant battery recycling and disposal
- Supply of high density polyethylene containers for safe storage of used batteries
- Emergency Response 24/7 (+353 1 4018000)